The iBGStar® Diabetes
An overview of the iBGStar Diabetes Manager app
IBGStar seamlessly integrates with the iBGStar
Diabetes Manager application. This app for your iPhone® or iPod touch® combines
the latest in interface design, diabetes data management, and mobile technology
— to help you better manage your diabetes.
Whenever you take a reading with your iBGStar while attached to your iPhone, it
automatically syncs your data with the iBGStar Diabetes Manager app. So your data
always goes wherever your mobile device goes. In addition, this app offers:
- Tracking of blood sugar readings, carb intake, and insulin doses
- Blood glucose tags (for example, mealtimes and exercise)
- Integrated data management with dynamic graphing
- Shareable data with your family or healthcare team
On the home screen, you'll see your most recent scorecard information. The scorecard
itself is divided into three tabs, allowing you to track glucose readings, carbs
and insulin information.
Besides synchronizing data from iBGStar, the app also gives you the option of manually
adding a reading (from the doctor's office, for instance). To manually enter a reading,
touch the Add button at the bottom of the app screen. Enter your
blood sugar reading, along with any notes you wish to add.
One of the nice features of this app is the ability to tag your reading's relationship
to meals. You can set your meal schedule, but your schedule may vary on certain
days. So you can manually choose to tag your reading as pre- or post-breakfast,
lunch and dinner. Night is also an option.
The iBGStar Diabetes Manager has an easy-to-use Share feature, allowing you to e-mail
your results to your family or healthcare team. Just tap the Share icon, enter
an e-mail address, and send.
The iBGStar Diabetes Manager really puts diabetes management into your hands. Together,
with the iBGStar, 21st century diabetes technology is integrated into a convenient
tool that fits the way you live today – on the go and in the moment.
This feature offers three ways of viewing your data:
- Trend Chart — Shows a graph plotting your glucose
readings, giving you a visual representation of your blood glucose levels over time
- Logbook — Gives a detailed record of your glucose
readings, organized by your meal-relationship tags for each reading
- Statistics — Offers preset average glucose results for a
period of 7, 14, 30 or 90 days or a customized date range. Other statistical views
- Alerts — Provide color-coded hypo and hyper alerts when blood sugar readings are out of range
Installing the iBGStar Diabetes Manager
To install the iBGStar Diabetes Manager application, using the iBGStar:
- Ensure that your iPhone or iPod touch is on, and the home screen is showing.
- Connect your meter to your iPhone or iPod touch by inserting the meter's dock connector into the iPhone or iPod touch's dock connector port with both displays facing up. The dock connector port is located below the home button of either device.
- Once inserted, your iPhone or iPod touch will display a message asking if
you'd like to install the necessary app.
- Touch the "Yes" button to install the iBGStar Diabetes Manager app on your
device. You must have Internet access to download the app. The app icon and a progress
bar will appear on the screen of your iPhone or iPod touch.
For assistance installing apps, visit www.apple.com/support.
You can also search for "IBGStar" in the App StoreSM or go directly to
the app via the iTunes® Store. Accessing the App Store or iTunes®
requires an Internet connection.