Control Solution Tests
Important information about control solution tests
Only BGStar® Control Solution should be used with the iBGStar® Blood Glucose
Control solution should only be used for 90 days after first opening the bottle
or until the expiration date printed on the label, whichever comes first.
IMPORTANT: Count forward 90 days from the date you open a new bottle of control
solution. This is your discard date. Write the discard date on the control solution
CAUTION: Results from control solution checks do not reflect your blood glucose
level. The control solution range is a target range for control solution only. It
is not a target range for your blood glucose level.
The control solution is used to:
Control solution tests should be performed when you:
- Ensure that your iBGStar and BGStar Blood Glucose Test Strips are working together
- Practice using your meter without having to use your own blood
Important BGStar Control Solution information:
- First get your iBGStar
- Suspect that your iBGStar or test strips are not working properly
- Think your results are not accurate
- Have dropped or damaged your iBGStar or exposed your iBGStar to liquids
- Are advised by your healthcare professional to do so
Out-of-range results may be caused by:
- Use only BGStar Control Solution with your iBGStar Blood Glucose Monitoring System.
- Always shake the control solution bottle before use.
- Always discard the first drop of control solution and wipe the bottle tip clean
using a clean tissue or paper towel.
- Replace the cap on the control solution bottle immediately after use.
- Do not add water or any other liquid to control solution.
- Control solution tests should be performed within the system operating temperature
range of 50°F to 104°F (10°C to 40°C).
- Expired or defective control solution
- Expired or defective test strip
- Error in performing blood glucose reading
- Watered-down control solution
- Meter malfunction
- Control solution test done outside the system operating temperature of 50°F to
104°F (10°C to 40°C)
- Failure to shake the control solution bottle vigorously before using
- Failure to discard the first drop of control solution and to wipe the bottle tip