About the iBGStar®
- Cocking Handle: Cocks the device so it is ready
- Depth Adjustment Dial: Adjusts how deep the lancet will
lance the skin.
- Depth Indicator Window: Displays the depth setting
of the lancing device.
- Release Button: Fires the lancet.
- Lancet Holder Cup: Holds the lancet into place
inside the lancing device.
- Lancing Device Cap: Covers the lancet when in
- Alternative Site Testing Cap: Used for obtaining
a blood sample on the palm (at the base of the thumb) or forearm.
- Lancet: Lances the skin to produce a drop of
- Lancet Cover: Covers the lancet for safety.
Remove after inserting into the lancet holder cup.
Selecting a setting
The iBGStar® Lancing Device offers 8 depth settings. Rotate the dial to the desired
setting as shown in the depth indicator window. Level 1 is the shallowest; level
8 is the deepest. If you have never lanced before, it is recommended that you start
at level 3.
WARNING: The lancing device and lancets should only be used by
one person. Never share lancing devices or lancets. Used test strips, lancets, and
lancing devices may be considered biohazardous or medical waste in your city or
town. Follow your healthcare provider's instructions for disposal.
CAUTION: To ensure accurate results, wash your hands and the test
site with warm, soapy water and dry before every test. Unwashed hands and test
sites may lead to inaccurate results. Make sure there is no grease, oil or lotion
on the test site. Use lancets only once. Do not use any lancet that has been used
by another person.