Give it a spin
The innovative iBGStar® is the first blood glucose meter that can be used on its
own or connected directly to an Apple iPhone® or iPod touch®
to easily display, manage and communicate your diabetes information. The iBGStar
meets today’s industry standards for accuracy.
Using the technology built into your iPhone or iPod touch, you can share the information
stored on the app with your healthcare team while on the go. Sharing this information
with your healthcare team may help you make better-informed diabetes-related decisions
- Innovative Technology — Providing accuracy you can
depend on. iBGStar connects directly to the iPhone or iPod touch, allowing you to manage
your diabetes information anytime, anywhere.
- Integrated Application —iBGStar will automatically
sync data with the iBGStar® Diabetes Manager when connected with your iPhone or iPod touch. The
app tracks glucose, insulin and carbs — and charts individualized glucose patterns
- Discreet Design — With a compact, stylish body the iBGStar can stay
attached to your iPhone or iPod touch so you can carry around one less device.*
- Personalized Notes — The iBGStar Diabetes Manager app
allows you to input your data with personalized notes. This information may help
you and your healthcare team analyze patterns and variations to help make informed
- Shareable Data — Your individual data can be emailed
or shown to your healthcare team during your visit for greater flexibility in managing
your diabetes together.
About the iBGStar meter
- Dock Connector Cover: Covers the dock connector when not in use.
- Dock Connector: This end inserts into the 30-pin dock connector port on your
iPhone or iPod touch. The dock connector port is located below the home button of
- Display Area: Glucose test results, symbols and messages appear here.
- Meter Button: The right side of the iBGStar display is a button. It is used
to turn on or turn off the iBGStar and view past test results.
- Micro-USB Port: Used to connect to the power adapter or a PC (personal computer)
via the micro-USB to USB cable.
- Strip Port: Insert the BGStar® Blood Glucose Test Strip, with
the contact bars facing up, into the strip port.
*When connected directly to an iPhone or iPod touch.